Call for Proposals – I4PL 2019 Annual Conference
The Institute for Performance and Learning (I4PL) will hold its 2019 annual conference from October 8-10, 2019 at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel in Toronto, ON.
I4PL 2019 Conference is the premier conference for today’s performance and learning professional. Supporting a growing network of L&D professionals from across the country, I4PL 2019 Conference brings the L&D community together, to learn, share and network. Enjoy 3 full days of top-notch professional development, learning stage sessions, demos, networking, the latest tips, tricks, and technologies, and more. Because the Institute for Performance and Learning is a community of specialized L&D professionals, the expertise of our speakers ensures that the conference programming is of the highest quality and presents the latest developments in the field. Should your session be selected, your participation places you in that elite group.
This year’s conference theme is
The constant pace of change and innovation requires performance and learning professionals to strive even more to ensure their practice is forward-looking and dynamic, incorporates technology and data, and manages change to ensure successful business outcomes.
We are seeking dynamic presenters for conference Breakout Sessions (60 minutes). We are looking for speakers who bring critical thinking, coupled with real-world experience and case studies that jump start stimulating and provocative conversation on being a “Future Ready” performance and learning professional.
We are looking for presentations focused on the following tracks:
- Performance Consulting and Instructional Design
Get to know the business goals, demonstrate your business acumen, show your value as a partner and influencer, and design impactful solutions to help your clients succeed. This track focuses on trends and topics related to the learning needs analysis and tactics for designing instructional content to meet those needs.
- Fulfill business expectations through high-impact instructional design
- Analyze learning needs and goals
- Consult on business performance and learning
- Collaborate with business partners to create a picture of success
- Explore design innovation practices (including design thinking, human-centred approaches and behavioural economics) to focus on behavioural outcomes
- Learning Analytics and Data
Develop analytical strategies that align to business measures, get beyond the metrics, and prove the value of the learning investment. This track focuses on implementing learning analysis process models and systems and using evidence-based data to measure talent development initiatives, program effectiveness, and impact on organizational outcomes.
- Apply a data-driven approach to building a learning culture
- Explore recent developments in learning analysis and process
- Showcase ROI to the business using analytics and data
- Enabling Performance Through Technology
Maximize technology to support and enhance workplace performance. This track highlights synchronous and asynchronous performance and learning technology tools and platforms that will equip the workforce of the future with the required knowledge and skills for success. Challenge the status quo by investigating emerging opportunities aligned to target audience demands.
- Explore and discover technology’s direction and how to ensure your learning technology strategy stays up-to-date
- Use emerging technologies to enhance employee performance
- Leverage technology to measure and improve performance and learning
- Influence your clients and business partners to make the investment and adopt new technologies for learning
- Leading a Business Focused L&D Team
Own your spot at the executive table by delivering value to the business and being a trusted advisor and partner. This track examines strategies for how performance and learning professionals can take their place in the C-suite and communicate the value of L&D in business terms that are persuasive and inspire action.
- Ensure alignment with business drivers
- Integrate learning solutions with other talent partners (recruitment, performance)
- Lead a high performing team through enhanced leadership
- Take your seat at the table by demonstrating value to the business
- Strengthen the capacity of L&D to be a change leader
- Managing Change for Results
Managing organizational learning has become more complex in recent years as training continues to become an integrated part of the business. L&D leaders need to strategically approach change initiatives that impact organizational performance; apply a project management process; and incorporate learning trends and non-training solutions, such as performance consulting and coaching, to support change.
- Manage changing team relationships: cross functional teams and matrixed environments
- Focus on innovative initiatives that are shaping the future
- Strengthen the resilience of learning systems
- Support changes in behaviour and improve results
- Identify alternative ways to impact and support change initiatives
- Use strategic foresight to plan for change
To propose a breakout session, please complete the following form no later than Friday, April 26, 2019. Please note: the final page of this form is a Terms & Conditions page, where you will be required to upload a .jpeg or .png image of your electronic signature, acknowledging and accepting all terms and conditions in place should your proposal be selected.
Please know that all I4PL conference presenters are volunteers, and will not receive payment for their presentation, nor receive travel reimbursements or complimentary conference registration. I4PL membership is not a prerequisite for being a conference presenter.
If you have a question about submitting a proposal to I4PL’s 2019 conference, please email Brad Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.